We encourage you to monitor the following sites for the most accurate and up-to-date information:
Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Manitoba Health,Seniors and Active Living
Public Health Agency of Canada
World Health Organization
You can also subscribe to news releases from the Manitoba government here
As a precaution, here are some ways to stop the spread of germs and reduce the risk of infection:
Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds
Cough or sneeze into your elbow
Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if handwashing with soap is not possible
If you feel ill, stay home
The following are the dates to note for our upcoming weeks in regards to Coronavirus COVID-19.
1. March 16 – March 20: students are expected to attend regular scheduled classes. Please be mindful of our previous communication in regards to being ill, if you are or feel ill please stay home. If parents are choosing to keep their son(s)/daughter(s) home they will be responsible to get caught up with homework; teachers will do their best but remote instruction will not take place until March 23, 2020.
2. March 23 – March 27: Classes suspended! There will be remote instruction for students, that will be communicated next week, as students are still required to be educated.
3. March 30 – April 3: Spring Break – please see international travel email sent earlier this week.
4. April 6 – April 9: Classes suspended! There will be remote instruction for students, that will be communicated next week, as students are still required to be educated.
5. April 10 – Good Friday: No classes
6. April 13 – Easter Monday: No classes
7. April 14 – School opens for regular scheduled classes, students to report; again if not ill.
We are working with all the health officials and Manitoba Catholic Schools’ Office and as per their recommendations have implemented the following cancellations: Sporting games and practices Field trips Any large assemblies or gatherings.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.